Tuesday, September 18, 2012

No Love Affair With MAC Fix Plus

maccosmetics.com
An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up! - mac cosmetics
I bought my bottle of Fix+ to use as a setting/finishing spray. I did not buy this on a whim, before my purchase, I read reviews and watched countless videos on Youtube. The 'mostly' positive feedback convinced me that I needed this in my life :). Because I use and love a lot of makeup and skincare products from MAC, I was sure that I was gonna love this too. Fans of Fix+ use it as a setting/finishing spray, a refreshing spray, a toner, as a mixing medium for makeup and even as a hair detangler. With all this uses, what's not to love about Fix Plus?

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but sadly, Fix+ is not working for me. First of all, the nozzle does not spray a  fine mist, but will spray big droplets of the liquid in a concentrated area. This is not a problem as long as I am not using Fix+ as a finishing spray.  If I do I use it as a finishing spray, I end up with patches and streaks on the areas where the product hit my face. I tried spritzing my MAC 187 brush and then stippling the brush on my face to have a more even distribution of the product, but I was still unhappy with the result - I ended up looking greasy, not dewy. As a setting spray? No way did the Fix+ extend the wear of my makeup (I think it even did the opposite).

After repeated failed attempts, I've given up trying to make Fix+ work as a finishing spray. I only use it now as a refreshing spray when I don't have any makeup on and sometimes I spritz Fix+ on my hair. It's not working miracles, but it's not doing damage either so I'll continue to use it this way until I finish the bottle.

I was so sure that I was going to love Fix+ as the product has mostly raving reviews. I guess this just show that even a great product is not for everyone. What's your experience with MAC Fix Plus?

2 comments:

  1. Luckily for me I never tried MAC fix+.. I felt it was too over hyped so I skipped it and went for Urban Decay's All Nighter which I'm really enjoying.. It removes any powdery look and sets my makeup all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try Model in Bottle... it's way better than the MAC Fix Plus.
    I think Dolled Up Makeup Studio & Supply still sells it, just check their facebook page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...