Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kanebo Sensai Eye Shadow Palette In Kigiku (ES01)


This is my second eyeshadow palette from Kanebo. I got this a few months back, and ever since, I've been wanting to post a review on this palette. My review of my other palette Kaede Momiji is here.

Like most Japanese makeup, the Kigiku palette is all about being subtle. Although the colors are pigmented, you're not going to get that 'in your face' color pay off. Even the glittery accent shade in the middle is toned down. Lovers of neutral, earth tone colors will surely appreciate this palette, not only for the flattering colors, but also the formula. The eyeshadows have silky smooth texture and all are a joy to apply. I never had issues with fall out even with the glittery shade.  


Kigiku has an iridescent cream color, a gold-flecked bronze, a glittery gold, and a dark gray-brown. My favorite here in the glittery gold shade. I'm not into glittery eyeshadows, but I have to make an exception with Kanebo. I love the the glittery shades in both palettes that I have. Kanebo has a way of making glitter look good, never over the top, and this is consistent in all their eyeshadow palettes. 

Kanebo is fast-becoming one of my favorite brands. Last month, I purchased a BB cream from Kanebo's Kate, this is my first BB cream so watch out for my review. What are your favorite products from the many brands under Kanebo?


Forgive the crappy swatch pic above. I had a really hard time taking swatch photos of the eyeshadows. I think (?) the colors were blending on my my skin a little too well. I tried taking photos with two different lenses, but my camera had trouble focusing, and the windy condition outdoors did not help at all :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...