Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back To Blogging With Artdeco Eyeshadows


 Alloo! It's good to be back after four weeks of absence from the bloghosphere. I'd like to apologize for disappearing without a single word and neglecting my blog. I have no excuse except that 'life' got in the way and I had to prioritize. I really missed blogging during the time that I was away and hopefully I could go back to making posts regularly. My appreciation to those who kept visiting barefoot ambisiosa even if there were no updates - Thank you!

Back to the blog.

I was surprised to come across an Artdeco counter a couple of months ago as the brand is not well known locally, infact I will not even know of Artdeco if not for the beauty blogging community and makeupalley. The counter is small and they carry mostly products from the permanent collection. After browsing, I bought an eyeshadow base (reviewed here) and some eyeshadows to try.

from bottom: 820, 835, 840, 14

I bought 3 Pure Mineral Eyeshadows and one from the Pearl line. The eyeshadows came in small rectangular pans that were designed to be stored in Artdeco's refillable Magnetic Boxes. The magnetic boxes are sold separately and there are various sizes to choose from. Artdeco designed the boxes in such a way that, with the bigger boxes, you can mix and match eyeshadows and blushers in one box and create your personalized palette (check out the magnetic boxes from Artdeco's site).  

The shades are:
  • 820 - pure golden sand
  • 835 - pure dessert sand
  • 840 - pure primodial brown
  • 14 -  pearly italian coffee
L-R: 820, 835, 840, 14

The names of the eyeshadows also give an apt description of their shades. The ones I have are well pigmented and they all have creamy texture. When used with the brand's eyeshadow base or Two Faced Shadow Insurance, they stayed on my lids up to 12 hours without fading, creasing or smudging. Needless to say, I'm quite happy with my purchases. Next on my list are their mascara and liquid liner.


 

 Product recs from Artdeco fans are much appreciated :).

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful neutral shades :) I really like how pigmented they are and the pretty sheen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty indeed. I'm really happy that I found that counter :)

      Delete
  2. I really love the shades you picked. they're so pretty. the size of the quad is perfect, it'll fit perfectly on your travel kit. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me a while to decide which shades to pick :-).

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...