Friday, July 6, 2012

Artdeco Eyeshadow Base Review


This Artdeco Eyeshadow Base is one of the products I picked up on my little makeup haul a few weeks ago. Since its purchase, I have put this eyeshadow base through its paces, I set aside my Two Faced Shadow Insurance and used this daily instead. 

This cream product comes in a cute little black plastic pot. The one I have is heavily scented. I don't know why Artdeco decided to do this on a product that is applied on the eyelids, but they did. There is a link on the Artdeco website for a fragrance free version, but when I clicked on the link, it says that the page cannot be found :(. The scent don't bother me as long as I don't put the pot directly under my nose. I got a headache when I tried to smell the product this way and it almost turned me off. I'm not so good at describing scents, but for me, this smells like some kind of a plant (?). I don't find the scent offensive, in fact, I don't even notice it when when using the product on my eyelids. I just don't advice sticking your nose on the pot :).

L-R: Heavy swatch on my finger and applied and blended on my inner wrist

On sight, the product looks dry, but it actually has a soft, creamy texture and is easy to apply evenly on the eyelids. It has micro shimmer which can further enhance an eyeshadow. According to the Artdeco website, the eyeshadow base contains Bisabolol which neutralizes the color of the eyelid and Vitamin E to nourish and protect the sensitive skin.

As a primer, this one really works. In more than two weeks that I have been using this as a base, my eyeshadows stayed in place even after 12 hours of wear. No matter how many layers of eyeshadows I have on, I never experienced any creasing or fading, even on this summer weather. It's like this base grabs the eyeshadow and never lets go :). The downside is that, this grabs color so well that it makes blending a little tricky. To prevent this, I suggest applying the thinnest layer (really thin!) that you can and make sure that the product is distributed evenly on your eyelids.

Your eyeshadows with poor color pay off will benefit from using this base. It significantly improved the pigmentation of some of my eyeshadows, the ones with poor color pay off, like MAC Sketch and MAC Steamy. It made very little or no difference with the eyeshadows that were already pigmented or had no issues with color pay off like Bobbi Brown Rose Gold.

MAC Sketch and MAC Steamy
Bobbi Brown Rose Gold

The bottom line: this is a great eyeshadow base/primer. It works really well and is way cheaper compared to other popular primers. If you have issues with scented products, I suggest you stay clear of this one as I'm positive this will not work for you. If you are on the lookout for an eyeshadow primer and scent is not an issue, Artdeco Eyeshadow Base is definitely worth a try.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds awesome! Too bad it's not likely I will ever get to use it. It's not available locally and it's a bit pricey for me to order it (over $20 after s&h) :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, $20 is a bit too much. I hope Artdeco finds its way to the US like Inglot.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a very good primer! You sold me on it so I wish it was available locally.:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good primer, but if you already have a primer that works for you, then you don't really need this one.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I liked your blog, it's so cute! The real beauty-blog ^^ And you are so pretty =**
    Follow me on Bloglovin: Kisses From Europe
    Love&kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this primer off BeautyBay.com recently ($12.40 for the primer, free S&H) and I'm eager to user it. The current primer I own isn't doing a very good job so I'm excited to have found a new one that doesn't break the bank. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's going to last you forever too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...