Friday, June 1, 2012

MAC Cream Colour Base In Luna


MAC Cream Colour Bases are multitasking products that can be used alone or as a base to enhance makeup. I have the shade Luna which I use mainly as a highlighter. Luna is icy white with pearl sheen. I apply it on my cheekbones, browbones, inner corners of my eyes, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupid's bow. It gives a beautiful subtle sheen once it is blended into the skin. Sadly, the glow does not last long, it disappears after a couple of hours or so :(.

I tried numerous times to use Luna as an eyeshadow base and it made my eyeshadow crease everytime, even with a primer underneath. I have not tried this as a base for blush or lipstick. I find that my fingers are the best tool to apply and blend the product. 

a closer look





swatch


Luna is really beautiful as a highlighter, I just wish it has a better staying power. How do you use your cream color bases? Tips on how to make this work as an eyeshadow base is much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. I used to work with MAC and this was one of the hardest products to sell because I also have the same issues with this product. I couldn't lie, because I would feel *awful*, so when people asked about the staying power or if it creased when used as a primer, I would almost always cringe. Not worth it as a eye shadow primer but the staying power can be slightly increased when used as a highlighter if set with a powder like a MSF or even a MAC Pigment like Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...