Monday, June 11, 2012

Kanebo SENSAI Eyeshadow Palette In Kaede Momiji (ES02)


SENSAI is a brand owned by the Japanese cosmetic company Kanebo. The company markets different brands of cosmetics in different parts of the world. SENSAI is available in leading department stores in Europe, US, the Middle East and South Africa. The brands Lunasol and Kate are available and popular in Asia.


SENSAI eye shadow palettes have 4 different combinations, the one I have is ES02 Kaede Momiji. The palette consists of 3 peach shades and a chocolate brown shade. The peaches are on the sheer side, but the brown shade is very pigmented. My favorite shades are the metallic, shimmery peach in the middle and obviously the brown. The shimmer in the metallic shade is definitely not subtle, but it is not glittery either. I love how it brightens and adds a different feature to my eye makeup. Despite the high shimmer, the eyeshadow is smooth and applies well, there are no worries about glitter falling or transferring all over the place when using this one.

The chocolate brown is probably meant to be a liner, but I like to use it as an outer V and crease color. I even use it as a lid color for smokey eyes. The eyeshadow is soft and smooth with very subtle shimmer. Unfortunately, this shade can turn muddy and messy if not applied carefully.  The trick I use is to apply the a little of the powder at a time, building the color slowly. This is not an eyeshadow that I would use if I have very little time to apply my makeup.

It took me awhile to appreciate the peach shades on top and on the left of the palette. Although the textures are also smooth and soft, the colors are just too sheer for me. When applied on my lids, the colors are non-existent. I still use the top shade as a subtle highlighter under my brow and the peach shade on the left, I use as a base color or to blend out the chocolate brown. It surprisingly works well for me as a blending color.


I don't have a lot of experience with Japanese makeup, but from the reviews and blog posts that I read, Japanese makeup have the best quality. This palette has certainly made me want to try out at least more of this brand. I also would love to try out palettes from Lunasol, and more makeup from Shu Uemura and Shiseido. I know that there are some gals out there who are into Japanese makeup. What are your favorite Japanese brands and what products do you recommend?

Kaede Momiji Swatch

7 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award :) you deserve to be mentioned, I love your blog!

    http://aucuparia-brumalis.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really nice to be appreciated. Please come back often :)

      Delete
  2. This palette is gorgeous. I wish Kanebo is more accessible to me. I am loving their foundation lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently got a sample of their cellular performance cream foundation when I purchased another one of their eye palettes. I'm excited to try both :)

      Delete
  3. Really pretty palette!~ I really like this brand a lot, for all sorts of makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lemming their blushes now :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...