Sunday, April 8, 2012

Shiseido The Makeup Eyebrow And Eyeliner Compact


I think I have the worst eyebrows. I have to regularly pluck and shape them, otherwise, I end up with a pair of unruly mess. I also have the tendency to over pluck, once I get hold of my tweezers, I just can't stop :(. As a result, filling in my brows is probably the most important part of my eye makeup routine. I can do without eyeshadow as long as my brows are groomed.

I have a personal preference to use powders over pencils to fill in my brow. One of my favorite product to use is Shiseido's The Makeup Eyebrow and Eyeliner Compact. I have this in BL3 Light Brown. I have black eyebrows, but my hair is dyed a combination of dark and light brown. I love the versatility of this compact. I can use the darker shade alone or mix it with the light brown if I want lighter brows. Both shades are a good match for me, not too dark or too light. As the name implies, the darker shade can be used as an eyeliner and I have used the light brown shade as a crease color. I never had problems with the staying power, once applied, they stay on the whole day. The compact comes with a double ended applicator. One side is a slanted brush and on other side is a sponge applicator. The brush is pretty stiff, it will pick up and apply too much product if I am not careful. If I don't have a lot of time, I will use the brush to quickly apply the brow powder and then brush my brows with a spooly to remove the excess and soften the look. On regular days, I use Inglot 17TL brush to apply and then lightly brush my brows with a brow comb or spooly to finish the look.



I really like this brow compact, it's convenient to use and the amount of 4g (.14oz) will last forever. I got mine at Sephora, but it is also available at Shiseido makeup counters. If  you are on a lookout for a brow powder, you may want to check this out.

What do you use to fill and shape your brows? Do you prefer powders, pencils or gel?

5 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely blog! I'm glad to find a new blog to read. I recently started using a brow powder by Anastasia, I'm still not exactly sure what one I prefer. I guess it depends on how my brows choose to behave on a particular day, lol. I especially like the Mac brow pencil and the makeup for ever brow corrector gel. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I've always wanted to try the Anastasia brow powder, but it's not available @ my local Sephora. Do you love it?

      Delete
    2. I really like it. The cool thing about it is that you can use either colors depending on the look you're going for and you can mix them as well. It's the same concept as this Shiseido one, I'll try this and see how it compares.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, wanna see it at your eyes ;)
    Would you like to follow each other?:X
    Fashionspot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...