Sunday, March 4, 2012

Inglot Freedom System Blush

I'm a huge fan of Inglot's Freedom System Eyeshadows. I have two 10-Pan palettes and I love them. The quality of the eyeshadows are definitely one of the best. I was so impressed with them that I decided to get a blush palette too.

Inglot's freedom system allows you to custom fill your palette with the colors of your choice. The blush palette can contain four 7g (each) pans of powder blushes. Inglot uses the number system to identify their shades. The number and expiry date are printed at the back of each pan. I suggest noting down the information, together with a swatch, on a piece of paper before putting the pans in the palette. Inglot uses strong magnets and once the pans are in the palette, it's difficult to pry them out. Even if you are careful, you might end up damaging your stuff.

back of the palette

The cover and the main case are held together by four strong magnets on each corner. The only way to open the palette is to slide the cover on the side. The magnets are supposed to be so strong that you can stack up to four palettes together and carry them around by holding only to the top palette. I don't  really advice doing this, but the palettes do look nice and neat when stacked.


Now, to the blush review. As with the Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadows, the blushes are pigmented. Sadly, that's the only merit that I can find. I don't find the overall quality of the blushes to be good. The powder is so soft that there's a lot of fallout and there are powder particles all over the pan after each swipe of a brush. I also have trouble with blending, if I'm not careful and I forget to tap my brush, I end up with very uneven color that I can't blend out. They also last only about a couple of hours on my cheeks. This is true for all the blushes in the palette. I don't know if I got a particularly bad set, but this is my experience, and for this reason, I rarely use this palette. 




I really wanted to like this palette, because as you can see from the swatch pic above, the colors are really pretty. Sadly, I can't make it work for me. Even when I was making the swatches, I had to blow away the excess powder. I still love the eyeshadows, but the blushes are a total miss.

Do you own any Inglot blushes from the freedom sysytem or the regular line? What's your experience with them?



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! I need to get some of these freedom blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is no good:( I have been interested in trying out the Inglot blushes, to see if they work for me. Fall out would be very annoying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm disappointed with mine. Perhaps you can do some swatching if you have a counter nearby.

      Delete
  3. I've been itching to try anything from Inglot, but it's hard to find that here in Phils. even on local online shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If ever you chance upon Inglot, try the freedom system eyeshadows, I'm sure you'll love them. The cream powder is nice too. I do have some swatches of the eyeshadows in my blog, but I'm planning to redo those swatches.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...