Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum


I have been wanting to try Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex for ages. It is considered to be one of the best serums in the market, and the bloghosphere is full of raves for this product. I finally caved in and got one three weeks ago after I ran out of my MAC Prep+Prime Brightening Serum.

Estée Lauder claims that the serum is:
uniquely formulated to work in a way no other treatment can, this patented complex is advanced with our exclusive Chronolux Technology. So innovative, so effective, this remarkable recovery complex actually supports the natural synchronization of skin's repair and protection processes. It's mission? Repair the appearance of past damage and address the damaging effects of environmental assaults before they become permanent. Use it everyday to help continuously repair the appearance of past damage, help prevent future damage and deliver high levels of hydration.
The serum comes in an opaque brown bottle with a dropper. The fluid has a slippery yet light consistency. I take 3-4 drops, and use my fingertips to massage the serum into my face and neck. The product is easily absorbed and does not leave any oily residue. For my nighttime regimen, I follow the serum with my Dermalogica moisturizer (reviewed here).


My love for serums was born a few months ago  when I started using MAC Prep+Prime Brightening Serum (reviewed here). I love this serum because it addressed a lot of my skin issues. I purchased  Advanced Night Repair to appease my curiosity more than to anything. Estée Lauder claims that the serum works in 3-ways: repair the appearance of past damage, help prevent future damage and deliver high levels of hydration. I don't know about the first two claims, but I certainly noticed that my skin is better moisturized in the past three weeks that I have been using the serum. On the nights that I use the serum, I wake up the next day to 'dewy' looking skin. I also noticed a difference in texture and appearance between the skin around my eyes and the rest of my face. I don't use the serum around my eye area, and the skin around it is not as hydrated as the rest of my face. I also stopped using Prep+Prime Brightening Serum for the meantime, and so far my hyperpigmentation issues remain at bay. A  few pimples started coming out to the surface after I started using Advanced Night repair, I'm not really sure if this is due to the serum or my own hormones. I can't call it a breakout because the pimples are few (five to be exact) and they did not come out at the same time.

Purchasing this serum is an expensive way to satisfy a curiosity, but I'm glad that I tried it anyway because the product contains antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients that are good for the skin. I will continue to use this as a part of my nighttime regimen, but I will probably go back to using Prep+Prime Brightening Serum for daytime. Advanced Night Repair also has an eye cream to go with the serum.

Ingredients:
Water, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Peg-75, Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Tripeptide-32, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lactobacillus Ferment, Cola Acuminata (Kola) Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantethine, Caffeine, Glycereth-26, Sodium RNA, Squalane, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Bisabolol, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Tea-Carbomer, Trisodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Green 5, Yellow 5, Red 4


4 comments:

  1. Advanced night repair serum. So this is what my aunt had been raving all about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really works magic ! one regimen that i never forget.

      Delete
  2. I had the same outbursts of pimples initially. but this serum works MAGIC. tried Clinique and LaPrairie before, but once i moved to this, i have never really picked anything else.

    any idea as to how good Eve Lom Intense Hydration Serum is/works ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...