Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rediscovering My Stash: MAC Mineralize Blush in Love Joy

I had been off from work in the past four days and was planning to make as many blog posts as I can. But, as with many plans, that did not happen. I spent most of those four days in bed, I was sick the first two days and spent the remaining two trying to get my grove back. I have to get back to work today, hopefully I can finish this post and have it out before I leave.

Love Joy is Part of MAC's mineralize blush range. I hope they never discontinue this blush because it's simply beautiful. It's one of my very first blushes from MAC and probably the most pigmented blush I own.





The blush is a brown shade with gold pearls. It's very pigmented so, a light application is more than enough to give the cheeks some warm glow. The gold pearls in the blush are not overpowering at all, it just adds some nice shimmer which makes makes the blush interesting. The powder is finely milled and does not have the slightly rough texture that some baked mineralize powders have. I use MAC 187 brush or Lunasol Cheek brush to apply and blend.

I haven't broken my 'no buy' yet, as a result, I have been using some of my 'earlier' makeup a lot and discovering treasures from my own stash.  Love Joy is my latest discovery. This 'no buy' is turning out better than I expected.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the gold pearl in the blush, it's very pretty.

      Delete
  2. Oh that's gorgeous! Do you know if it's similar to NARS Lovejoy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Nars lovejoy but based on online pics and swatches, they seem to be similar.

      Delete
  3. It's nice to go through your own stash and fall in love all over again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually enjoying the process :-)

      Delete
  4. Love Joy is one of my favorite mineralize brushes, along with Gentle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have Gentle and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...