Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guerlain Rue Des Francs Bourgeois Eyeshadow Palette


Rue Des Francs Bourgeois is part of Guerlain's Écrin 6 Couleurs Palettes that were released for the fall 2010 collection. The palettes, each bearing the name of a Guerlain boutique in Paris, are a permanent range and has become a 'must have' for any makeup lover. 

This is definitely the most beautiful palette I own and the most beautiful I have seen so far. The design is not just elegant, but also practical. The outer lid is decorated with an intricate plant pattern and the inner lid that opens out to the side contains a wide mirror. The palette has a magnetic closure and comes with a double-ended brush that actually works. The fluffy end of the brush can be used to apply color on the eye lid and the stiff side for lining. 

  
 Rue Des Francs Bourgeois is my go to neutral palette.  The first five colors are all work appropriate neutrals, a shimmery golden bronze is added to add brightness when a little drama is needed. Although, I love colors and shimmery eyeshadows, there are many occasions when I need to be subtle with my makeup. This palette is always handy during those times.



different swatch on natural light

Below is my preferred way of using the palette. I'm sure there are lots of different ways to mix and match to get the most out of this palette. I'm not really artistic, so I just go for the conventional way. Shades 1 and 4 are the only true matte. I think that shades 2, 3 and 5 are somewhere between matte and satin.  The eyeshadows have soft buttery texture that blends really well.

#1 shade - a matte beige that is almost invisible on my eyelids. I often use this as a base and under my brows.
#2 shade - a light sand brown, also almost invisible on my lids. I use it as a wash of color on the lid.
#3 shade - light reddish brown. Used as a wash of color on the lids.
#4 shade - black brown. Used as liner.
#5 shade - dark brown. Used in the outer V and as a crease color. Also used in the lower lash line.
#6 shade - shimmery gold bronze. I usually apply this on the middle of the eyelid to highlight.

Guerlain's Écrin 6 Couleurs have different palettes on their range to temp us. I want to collect all of them but, it's just too expensive and impractical to have them all. Last fall Guerlain released their Écrin 4 Couleurs palettes which have the same theme as the Écrin 6 minus two shades. My review on Les Bois De Rose can be found on the link below.


Thank you for reading and have a nice day!

4 comments:

  1. I find Guerlain palettes to be so incredibly beautiful... but the price has me holding out for a truly exceptional color combination :)

    However those are some very pretty shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! The price is really a bummer, it's the main reason why I don't have more :-). I want the spring palette, but I'm also holding out because I already have similar shades. I hope I'll be able to stay convinced :-)

      Delete
  2. I love that most of the shades are matte.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...