Saturday, February 11, 2012

Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick In Crystal Orchid


Pure Color Crystal are sheer to medium coverage lipsticks that promises to be long lasting and fade resistant. According to Estée Lauder UK website, the lipsticks are enriched with apricot kernel, shea butter and  murumuru butter that leave the lips soft and creamy smooth. True Vision technology used on the lipsticks are supposed to give maximized color impact, magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension, and amplified brilliance.                   



Crystal Orchid is a beautiful berry-plum shade with gold shimmer. As mentioned, the lipstick is sheer. The first two coats of Crystal Orchid will give just a hint of color, and the intensity can be built by adding more coats. The swatches I made are at least five coats applied with heavy hand. This particular shade is very dark, I'm guessing that the lighter shades from the line will need even more coats to get more coverage. 

The formula of the lipstick feels so light that I can apply as many coats as I want and still feel comfortable. I don't get that 'I got lipstick on' feeling, and since it contains a lot of moisturizing ingredients, it glides on the lips on application and is never drying. As long as I don't eat, the lipstick stays on my lips. The lipstick is scented, and although I don't find the scent offensive, I am not a fan of it either.



This is my first lipstick from Estée Lauder and I am very pleased. I really like the formula and I'm loving the gold shimmer in Crystal Orchid. The packaging is also very pretty. I definitely want to check out more stuff from their range. I do want to try their eyeshadow quint, and if I can get my hands on the new spring powder gelee, I will be really happy :)

What are your favorite make up products from Estée Lauder?

4 comments:

  1. ahhh you've purchased the shade I've been lemming... it looks very pretty... I basically bought most of the spring line from EL this season, except for the highlighter/bronzer and the mascara, and lipstick... I'm loving EL more and more with each purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never bothered with EL because the counters in my city never have anything new, it's like they're stuck in the old EL era. It's nice to see the company putting out exciting new stuff, more lemmings for us :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous grape shade! This is beautiful. I love love LOVE EL lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I came to know your blog, loved, congratulations on your corner and lots of success here!
    I'm following your blog now!

    I invite you to visit my Blog and if you like and can also follow my blog, you will be very welcome, feel at home!

    Oh, there's a translator at the end of my blog, welcome and enjoy!

    Kisses from Brazil

    http://umamulherbemvestida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...