Sunday, February 26, 2012

Estée Lauder 2012 Blockbuster Makeup Set


I recently got Estée Lauder's 2012 Blockbuster Makeup Set. This is my first big purchase since I broke my 'no-buy'. To be honest, I'm not really into makeup sets, I just made an exception with this one, because I like and could use most (if not all) of the items. This set came with a perfume instead of the usual makeup brushes. There were three perfumes to choose from, Pleasures, Private Collection and Beautiful. I already had the pleasure of Pleasures and I was not sure about Private Collection, so I chose Beautiful.

The set is huge, there are a dozen items and it came in a huge red cosmetic case. Here are some information, individual photos and swatches of the items in the set.

Deluxe Eyeshadow Compact - Pure Color Eyeshadow (18)


Deluxe All-Over Face Compact - Silky Powder Blush (3), Soft Matte Bronzer (1)



Pure Color Gloss



Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick (3)

swatch of lipsticks and gloss


Artist's Eye Pencil (3)



Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara



Beautiful EDP


Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (I did not take a separate photo of this one)
Cosmetic Case

My favorite items are the lipsticks, I can't get over how beautiful the texture and colors are. The face compact is nice too, I used Rosette and Pink Kiss and both were flattering to my skin tone. I think the colors in the face compact are suitable to everybody. I also like the Artist's Eye pencils and my favorite is Slate Writer. The lip gloss is so-so (take note, I'm not a lip gloss person). The perfume is great, I'm glad they included this one instead of a mediocre brush. As for the Eyeshadow Compact, mascara and eye makeup remover, I have not played with them yet so I can't give an honest opinion.

I think this is a pretty good makeup set. This will make a good starter kit as it has everything you need as far as 'colors' are concern. Add bases, foundation, powder, some good brushes and you are good to go. If you want a more detailed review of any of the items, just mention it on the comments below. 

Have a nice day everyone!

5 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...