Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dermalogica Skincare: Multivitamin Thermafoliant

dermalogica.com

After having lousy skin for the whole of September and most of October, I was a little desperate to start a new skin regimen that would address my skin issues. My dry and dull skin was making me look older than my age and I was vain enough to be bothered by this.

After spending hours searching the internet, I decided to try Dermalogica's skincare line. I was particularly drawn to their Age smart range because of the products' anti-aging properties. Multivitamin Thermafoliant is an exfoliator from the Age smart range. It is said to combine physical and chemical exfoliants to refine skin texture and enhance penetration of age-fighting vitamins into the skin. It has microgranules that does the physical exfoliation while the Salicylic Acid and Retinol act as chemical exfoliants.

Exfoliation is a very important step in a skincare regimen, removing the dead skin skin cells on the surface allows better penetration of skin care products. After removing my makeup and cleansing my face, I dry my face with a clean towel, apply Multivitamin Thermafoliant and start massaging my face in circular motions. The exfoliant can be applied on a wet face, but a better result can be achieved by applying on dry skin. It produces a fleeting warm sensation upon contact with the skin, which is said to help with the penetration of salicylic acid and retinol. I don't know if this really helps, but I like the relaxing feeling it gives me. The granules are so fine that I can scrub for full 2 minutes without irritating my skin. After I rinse my face with warm water, I can immediately feel that my skin is smoother. I would love to use this everyday, but I learned the hard way that over exfoliating will do more damage than good, so I limit my use to 2-3 times a week. Multivitamin Thermafoliant is one of the best scrubs that I ever used. I will continue to use this until it runs out and then I'll try the Daily Microfoliant and Gentle Cream Exfoliant that I received as gifts with purchase. 





Ingredients: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Oxide, C20-40 Pareth-10, Silica, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Lactic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrolyzed Opuntia Ficus Indica Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil.

2 comments:

  1. I have a sample of this product, but I haven't used it yet... after reading your review I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lucy, I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...