Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paul & Joe Manhattan Color Palette In 003 Central Park West (2011 Autumn Creation)

This palette is part of Paul & Joe's 2011 Autumn Creation, the limited collection called Manhattan. The collection includes a finishing pressed powder, lipsticks, nail polish, waterproof eyeliners and 3 color palettes.  The palettes are named after places that I presume are found in Manhattan.


I was drawn immediately to the palettes (no surprise since I love eyeshadows and palettes). After browsing and swatching at the Paul & Joe counter, I decided to get 003 Central Park West. It has 4 powder eyeshadows and a blush in the middle. The plastic packaging is light but sturdy and the big mirror makes application easier. It comes with two applicators which are surprisingly good except for the tiny size of the blush applicator. Although the shades are beautiful, they can be easily duped. What makes the Manhattan palettes unique are the combination of colors in each palette. Central Park West have white, amber, deep coral (blush), reddish plum and khaki green shades. The palette does not have one color theme, yet the shades can be mixed to create different looks.

Paul & Joe Manhattan Palette in 003 Central Park West (2011 Autumn Creation)
 

 All the eyeshadows and the blush have soft, buttery texture. Each one is a joy to apply as they go on very smoothly and blend really well. The shades are also as pigmented in reality as they are in the photos. The swatch photos under direct sunlight might intimidate some people, but I think the swatches under the shade in natural light are more representative of the finish. I find the level of shimmer in the eyeshadows subtle and acceptable. The blush, however, is a little bit frosty for my taste.

Swatches under the shade in natural light

Swatches under direct sunlight
The beautiful coral shade in the middle of the palette is the blush. I actually use this as an eyeshadow as I find it to be a little bit too shimmery for my old cheekbones :). Below are a separate swatch photos of the blush.

Swatch under the shade in natural light. Bottom: heavy swatch, Top: blended
  

Swatch under direct sunlight. Bottom: heavy swatch, Top: blended
 As I mentioned, this palette can be easily duplicated. MAC alone have eyeshadows that are dead ringers of the shades in this palette. On my next post I will be swatching eyeshadows in my collection that are similar to the shades in this palette. This is my first foray to Paul & Joe and I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality of this product. I'm now open to try other stuff from the brand and am interested to know which products do you like and recommend from Paul & Joe?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...