Sunday, October 23, 2011

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural


Mineralize Skinfinish (MSF) Natural is one of my favorite products from MAC. I  prefer the natural Mineralize Skinfinish compared to the ‘colored’  Skinfinish. I still can’t figure out how to use the popular Stereo Rose. It’s just too frosty as a blush or even as a highlighter. I remember being so excited when I got Stereo Rose and now it’s just sitting in my makeup drawer :(.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is another story, I’m in love with this powder. I have this in medium dark as I was tanned when I got the powder.  I would use the powder on days that I was pressed for time or when I was too lazy to put on foundation. After applying primer, I used MAC 182 Kabuki brush to buff the powder all over my face. It gave me light coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone . The finish I got from this powder always looked natural, there was never a time when I felt like I applied too much when I used this alone on top of a primer.


MSF is dome shaped when new 

top swatch: blended, bottom: heavy swatch

Now that I'm paler, I use the powder mainly as a sheer bronzer . I use 187 to a apply the powder on places the sun would naturally hit - forehead, nosebridge, and cheeks.  It can also be used as a contour powder and if my foundation is a bit too light, I add some color by dusting  the powder lightly all over my face using MAC 187 or 134 brush. More care should be given when using MSF natural to correct a 'light' foundation. Powder should be applied lightly with a brush, it can look patchy if too much powder is applied. I tried to apply MSF with a powder puff and it did not look good. I don't know if it will work with the lighter shades, but medium dark has too much pigment for the powder puff to pick and deposit on the skin.

Whenever I'm asked what would be a good product to try from MAC, I always suggest MSF. I think this multitasking powder is worth every cent.

5 comments:

  1. I also love this powder! I agree, it gives a very natural finish. I have medium-dark, which is perfect for me initially, but sadly as the day goes on it oxidises so it looks like I applied a bronzer all over my face :( Most foundations and even tinted moisturisers oxidise on me, unfortunately. Must be something in my sweat, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this review totally made me want this. *Adds to wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rin, that's too bad. I'm lucky that I don't have any problems with oxidation, I have a hard time finding the perfect color match as it is. @ Red lips, Black Hair It is a good powder, I hope it works for you when you do get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog :-).. Im totally in love with theire MSF's too.. Same scenario here..my smooth merge just sits on my cabinet.

    here my review on msf: http://lovingvanity.blogspot.com/2012/07/beauty-mac-mineralize-skin-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever want to sell your Stereo Rose :D I'm available to purchase lol =) I want to add an MSF to my collection prob will pick up light/medium =) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...