Thursday, October 20, 2011

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF 20

Foundation is probably the most important part of a makeup routine, the right foundation can make or break a whole look. My favorite makeup look is natural looking makeup with flawless complexion.  I have accumulated a collection of foundations because of my quest to achieve this.  I have yet to find my perfect color match, but there are some foundations that I like and are worth mentioning in a review.


Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation SPF 20 is a water-based foundation designed to  withstand extreme conditions and last all day. It provides medium coverage and feels light on the skin. The company describes this to have a matte finish, but on me,  it is more dewy than matte. The liquid has a light consistency, but not runny. The 8 shades are divided into 3 categories, fair to medium, medium, and medium to dark. The sales associate matched me to 5.5 Natural Beige which is the darkest in the fair to medium shades. It turns out to be a tad too light and too beige for me. I can still get away with this lighter shade as long as I also lightly apply foundation down my neck and don't wear a low cut top.


I have oily combination skin and the foundation does last all day on me, there is some breakdown of the foundation between my eyebrows (the oiliest part of my face) after 10 hours, but the rest of my face is usually fine. The medium coverage it provides is enough for me, I rarely need to use concealer  afterwards. I also often mix this with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid to get a better color match and they go well together.

Lasting Silk is a good foundation that I like to use if my skin is in its normal state. I cannot use this if I am having even just a little bit of a bad skin day, it makes every flaw more noticeable. No matter how lightly I apply the foundation, the liquid will stick to every rough patch, magnifying the area. I also noticed that if my skin is a little bit dry, the foundation will not go on smoothly and is harder to blend. Of course, no foundation looks good on a bad skin, but on a bad day, Lasting Silk looks twice as bad on me compared to my other foundations.

Based on my experience, I don't think that this will work for those with dry skin, the brand's Luminous Silk Foundation is probably a better option. For people with oily skin like mine, this is a good option if you are looking for a lasting foundation. As for me, the search for my perfect match continues.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great foundation. I'm eager to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I feel the same way and I have dry/normal skin. :)

    http://calmandchic.blogspot.com/2012/03/review-giorgio-armani-lasting-silk-uv.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What foundation then would you recommend for oily skin and with some breakouts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have oily skin with breakouts and this is my favorite foundation i wear it over the hourglass veil mineral primer. I'v been using it for about 2 years, i've tried others but nothing compares. I apply my primer, then one pump of GA lasting silk with a real techniques buffer brush. then i go over the breakouts or red areas with a little more foundation, extra 1/2 pump. then with a very tiny brush i apply mac studio finish concealer on the breakouts that are still showing. then i go over only the concealed spots with mac studio fix powder using a sponge. finally i set everything with chanel loose translucent powder by patting it on with a powder puff. do THIN layers of everything, less is more, conceal only where you need it (very small spots). by doing this i can completely cover cover my acne while still looking natural.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...