Saturday, October 15, 2011

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion


Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion (DDML) is a 'classic' product from Clinique, it had been around forever and has won the loyalty of so many people. It is part of the the brand's 3-Step Skincare system, wherein in the last step, the moisturizer provides the 'drink' that the skin needs to maintain moisture balance.  Compared to the moisturizers in the market today, DDML is pretty basic, as shown below, it does not have a gazillion ingredients.
Water, Mineral Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Tea-Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 33
The fact that it has very little ingredients is both the strength and the drawback of this product. With so much emphasis being given today on anti-aging moisturizers by the beauty industry, some might think that DDML has long been left behind. The fans of the product will argue that 'less is more' and the fact that it has been around for so many years proves that it works.  

Because my skin had been dehydrated lately, I chose the lotion formula (Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is available for those with oily skin), and since I was trying the product for the first time, I bought the smallest size.  Mine comes in a 50ml plastic bottle without a pump. The yellow colored lotion has a light and runny texture. It does take awhile for it to be absorbed in the skin, but once it is absorbed, it does a good job of keeping my skin moisturized without the greasy feeling. It wears well under makeup, but since it does not contain any sunscreen, I usually avoid using this during daytime. 

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and Intensive Repairwear Eye Cream are my first products from Clinique. I am definitely more satisfied with the moisturizer, but is it a 'holy grail'? Sadly, not for me. Although it is a good moisturizer, I am not likely to repurchase. I am in my 30's and I want a moisturizer that has antioxidants |(for night) and spf (for day). At the moment, I'm using other face products to address these  needs. I don't feel that I have an ideal skincare routine. I think that I'm applying too much product and the whole routine is just too complicated. I'm looking for ways to simplify my skincare routine and a multi-tasking moisturizer is probably more ideal for me.

Have you found your 'holy grail' moisturizer? Are you happy with your current skincare routine? I am interested to know what works for other people. 

1 comment:

  1. I used to use this moisturizer when I was in my early twenties, but I also needed something with more antioxidants as well. I haven't found the one yet, but i'm also not rapidly aging, so I guess whatever I am using is doing its job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...