Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blush Review: Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush in #4 Sand

 Giorgio Armani is one of my favorite brands. I love their color palettes and the overall quality of their products. I am yet to be disappointed by my purchases from them. Sheer Blush in Sand is no exception.

I was looking for a peach-tone/neutral blush and the Armani sales associate helped me pick this one. According to the Armani makeup website, #4 Sand belongs to the pink color family. It does have a hint of pink in it, but I see the shade as more of a terracotta peach. 

The blush is made of  finely milled  powder. There are obvious glitters when looking at the blush in the pan, (which almost turned me off), but when swatched or applied, the glitters are not visible at all, they just add a subtle glow to the blush.



The  blush has a very smooth texture and blends really well. It is a sheer blush so don't expect a pop of color on the first swipe of the brush. The color can be built by layering more. I prefer sheer blushers because I'm quite heavy-handed with my makeup application. Sheer blushers allow me to have some color on my cheeks without looking like I went 'blush-happy'.

I find  this particular shade to be more versatile than my other blushers as I am able to use it as a contour powder as well. As a blush, It gives my cheeks a subtle flush without accentuating my large pores. If I'm using it to contour, I like to pair with a light pink blush, usually the Blending Blush Duo from the fall 2010 collection. Whether I'm using the blush alone or as a contour powder, I'm always happy with the result. 


Bottom: Heavy Swatch, Top: Blended




Sheer Blush #4 Sand looks nothing especial in the pan, I had to wear it to appreciate it. Now, it's one of my favorites and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of it. Another hit from Armani.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! This is exactly what I like! Totally getting this one thanks to you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love love love this one! i use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...