Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rouge G De Guerlain Lipstick in 08 Gisele

I wanted a Rouge G lipstick since forever, but I kept putting off purchasing one because I could not justify the price. Unfortunately for me I have a very persistent SA, everytime I visit his counter, he would feed my lemming by singing  praises for Rouge G. He finally got me convinced, I picked my first Rouge G De Guerlain lipstick this week.


So much has been said about this range of lipsticks from Guerlain. Half of the talk is about its unique packaging and I think it is also half the reason that why it cost so much.

Guerlain's website describes the design as :
A jewel lipstick compact with a white gold shimmer designed by Lorenz Bäumer, the young and talented jeweller in Place Vendôme. A horizontal design with feminine curves that houses a secret: a mirror automatically appears when the compact is opened. The lipstick has a pure elegant, contemporary design, and closes magnetically.





The lipstick 'compact' is somewhat heavy, I believe due to the magnet that holds the two pieces together. Its shiny surface made photographing difficult as it was reflecting light and images, it also catches fingerprints easily. When the lipstick is pulled out, the 'cover piece' automatically opens revealing a mirror. The piece containing the lipstick is twisted to reveal the lipstick bullet.

After swatching, I choosed the shade Gisele. It's a deep purplish rose with  gold shimmer. It is very pigmented and has satin texture. The lipstick applied like a dream and the shimmer was not obvious on my lips. I wore it at work for two consecutive days and I'm happy to report that the color lasted for about 6 hours and left a stain on my lips which added another hour or so of weartime.



Lip swatches at different lightings




I still think that Rouge G lipsticks are overpriced because of the packaging, but  the quality of the product almost makes up for it. If not for the price, I would love to have more Rouge G's.

2 comments:

  1. That packaging looks incredibly complicated to me, I can't wrap my mind around it. Unfortunately we do not have a Guerlain nearby me in Iowa, so I would have to travel out of state to see one in action! The color is gorgeous, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the packaging is so luxe! You chose the perfect color for you! And your lips are super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...