Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guerlain Fall 2011 Écrin 4 Couleurs In 04 Les Bois De Rose


The moment I saw the new fall Écrin 4 Couleurs eyeshadow palettes from Guerlain, I  was immediately drawn to Les Bois De Rose. To be fair, I took time to swatch all 9 palettes, and although they are all beautiful, Les Bois De Rose is the clear winner for me.

The new eyeshadow quads are similar to the Écrin 6 Couleurs that were released last year. The look and color themes are pretty close. The new quads are giving more color options to choose from and are replacing the previous range of Guelain's eyeshadow quads.



Les Bois De Rose is the 'pink quad', it features a dark plum brown, a very pale (almost white) pink,  rosey pink and a taupe. Except for the taupe, all shades are shimmery, with pearly particles that give an iridescent finish. When applied on my lids, the shimmer is not exactly subtle, but I don't find it to be sparkly either. I experienced some fall-out of the pearly particles from the rose shade, next time, I'll make sure to have a tissue paper handy to cover  the area under my eyes . I find the texture of the eyeshadows to be soft and blendable especially the darker shades.

I wore the eyeshadows for about 6 hours on top of primer. I was out during those hours doing errands and they stayed on well enough. I wanted to keep them longer, but it was the first time that I was wearing makeup after my allergic reaction and I did not want to push my luck.



Guerlain (as usual) has done very well with the new range, with 9 harmonies (Guerlain calls their color range harmonies) to choose from, there is surely a palette for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...