Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Facial Cleanser Review : Bioderma Purifying Foaming Gel


photo from bioderma.com

When it comes to gentle cleansing, Bioderma's Purifying Foaming Gel has proven its worth to me. Last week I had a severe allergic reaction from a sunscreen that I was using. My eyelids and the skin around my eyes became red, swollen and dry. I had rashes on my face and neck. I had to stop using all products in my current skincare because they further irritated my skin. The only thing that I was able to continue using was this cleanser. 

It is so gentle, I was able to continue washing my face with it twice a day. I was even able to use it around my eyes. I did not feel any stinging or burning sensation while using the cleanser and it never dried my skin. I had to use products that I would not nomally apply on my face and I was concern about having clogged pores and breaking out on top of my allergies. I believe that being able to properly cleanse my face prevented this from happening.

My skin is in a much better condition now, but not yet back to it's normal state. I'm about to run out of the cleanser and I'm definitely repurchasing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the allergic reaction! I've had a few myself and they are HORRIBLE. Especially the after effect of healing and getting back to a state of normalcy. This cleanser sounds pretty amazing. Is it something you purchase online, or can it be bought in stores, as far as you can tell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mandy, you're right about allergies, I still have some flaking and hyperpigmentation from the rash :(. I bought the cleanser at a drug store. My local Boots carry the brand. Bioderma is the same company that makes the famous Crealine H2O(now called sensibio H2O). I opted to get Sébium foaming gel beacause I wasn't sure I wanted a no-rinse cleanser. I'm really glad I had this handy at that time, it helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...