Monday, September 5, 2011

Armani And MAC Haul

I did some shopping a few days ago. I originally planned to purchase only two items and of course I ended up with more than that. I'm giving an overview of the things I got. You can let me me know if you want a more detailed review on any of the items.



MAC Prep+Prime Face Protect spf 50 : I have been wanting a primer with spf, so when I run out of my Prep+Prime Skin, I decided to try Face Protect. I have used this a few times already and as far as the texture is concerned, I prefer Prep+Prime Skin. Both products have silicon in them, but Skin feels silkier and my foundation 'glides' easier on top of it. I don't regret buying Face Protect, this product has its own merits and I want to do a more detailed review after I used and tested it more.


MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator : I actually made a mistake on this one. I wanted the Volcanic Ash Mask and I was thinking that this was the same product. It was only when I got home and read the label properly that I realized my mistake. I don't return purchases if the error was mine, so I just opened and used this one. This actually reminded me of the St Ives apricot scrub, it has the same grainy, gritty texture. My skin felt tight and clean after using this. It's a good scrub, but nothing special. The apricot scrub I used to use works just as well. This is a limited edition released a few years ago.

MAC Cleanse Off Oil : The SA informed me that MAC will be raising their prices again so I just bought a back up of Cleanse Off Oil, this is still my favorite makeup remover. You can find my review on Cleanse Off Oil  here.

After MAC I visited the Armani counter hoping to spot the new fall collection. It was wishful thinking, I'm lucky if the new collection will be here next month. Anyway, I decided to purchase two Armani products that I have been wanting for a while.



Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eyeshadow #7 Sweet Fire : This is my third of this hybrid eyeshadows. I already posted my thoughts on Khaki Pulse and Champagne last month. Sweet fire is pink with red flecks. It is a beautiful light pink shade when applied on my lids. It lasted more than 14 hours on me without fading or creasing. Armani has 15 shades of  these eyeshadows, but I think I'm good with the 3 I got. Unless they will come out with new shades, I don't think I will be getting more.



Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #4 : I debated between #4 Sand and #6 Light Rose. In the end, #4 won. It's a terracotta peach shade. Like the other Armani blushes I own, the powder on this one is very finely milled. The pigmentation is more than I expected for a sheer blush. It's currently my favorite blush to use.

My last purchase was Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser from Avene. I have not tried this one yet, I'm waiting to finish my current cleanser before opening the bottle. I bought this on a whim, but I looked in makeupalley and the reviews were promising.


I'm enjoying my haul so far and I will be posting more detailed review of some of the products, I just want more time to test their performance.

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I have yet to try any Armani stuff, but they've always appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to try Armani's Eyes To Kill line!! SO much makeup to buy, so little time... :-( Would love to see a swatch of Sweet Fire. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...