Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MAC Cleanse Off Oil

Is it weird that one of my most favorite product is a makeup remover? If you ever had a breakout from not having your makeup properly removed, then you probably understand. There was a time when I could not be bothered with makeup removers, I was just too lazy to take that extra step. I thought that washing with a cleanser or even soap was enough. I had no problem with this routine, until I started to use foundation regularly. I had a major breakout, with pimples all over my face. I was quick to blame the product I used (which unfortunately was Studio Fix Fluid). I immediately switched to other brands, but my skin did not get better. I was slow on the uptake, but it finally dawned on me that my old skincare routine was not cutting it.  I decided that I needed to give makeup removers a try.




I jumped from one brand to another in my search for that holy grail. Most of them were just ok, and there was one that stung as soon as I applied it on my face. I decided to get Cleanse Off Oil after reading about it on the MAC website. I was sold by the 'rinse off, no tissues required'  idea. At that time, I was using separate makeup removers for my eye makeup and the rest of my face. I had to remove both with cotton pads or tissues. I find that regularly wiping off makeup from my skin, specially my eyelids, with cotton pads leads to irritation.

I had no high expectations when I bought this product, so I was very happy to find out that it was amazing. It is oily when you apply on your face but it disappears as soon as you rinse it and you are not left with that greasy feeling. I use about two pumps of the product, massage it on my face, including my eyelids, and it dissolves everything - foundation, eye makeup and even waterproof mascara. I don't even have to rub it in, gentle massage is enough. I rinse my face and everything comes off  without that greasy residue. Because I am paranoid,  I still always use a separate cleanser after this to complete my ritual. A zit still pops out every now and then, but no major breakout so far.

I absolutely love this product and recommend that you give it a try if you are looking for an effective makeup remover. Mine is about to run out and I am definitely repurchasing.


product  photo from the web

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...