Saturday, August 13, 2011

Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder

Guerlain is well known for their bronzers. Their Terracotta line has the most amazing bronzing powders to give you that sun-kissed look. The 4 Seasons Tailor-Made Bronzing Powder is part of  the line and I got this one because it seems to be the most versatile.

The idea is to have a bronzer that can be used anytime of the year, hence the name 4 Seasons. This is achieved by having a powder of four matte shades that can be used separately or blended to suit every skin tone.


the compact has a magnetic closure
The bronzer is available in Blondes and Brunettes. As their names imply, Blondes has lighter shades compared to Brunettes. I got 02 Brunettes.  

The leaflet that comes with the product provides this application tip:
Winter - For a light, healthy looking tan, apply shades 1 and 2 on the cheekbones and other prominent areas of the face.
Spring and Autumn - To bring out the radiance of the complexion, apply all four shades in the same way, followed by shades 2 and 3 as blusher. 
Summer - for a sensual deep tan, apply shades 3 and 4 to all areas of the face that catch the sun easily

From L-R: Shades 1, 2, 3, 4 and all the shades blended together
I personally  just like to blend all the shades and use it to contour my face, which I don't do very often. But when I do contour, I like to use this one. The matte finish is perfect for the job. I usually use MAC 138 brush to apply. As with most high-end cosmetics, the powder is very fine and applies really well. I should mention that this is heavily scented. I cannot describe the scent, it is not offensive and I don't mind it, but it might be an issue for some. The product also has an SPF of 10, but I honestly don't think that will be useful as sun protection.
And last, but certainly not the least when it comes to Guerlain, the bronzer comes in an elegant, brown compact.  I have to admit that the packaging is one of the reasons that I love Guerlain. I will probably keep all my Guerlain makeup forever because I will not be able to throw these away :)


all products and photos are from my collection

9 comments:

  1. Delicious post, dah'ling! Guerlain makes the best bronzers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ red lips,black hair: thanks! I have my eye on the terracotta light, I hope they're as good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I like the packaging, so ellegant!

    Http://summer-noniek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try something by Guerlain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful bronzer!!!! It looks WAY LUXE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GUERLAIN IS THE BEST IN BRONZERS-I wanted it but my boyfriend bought by mistake another Terrcota BY Guerlain, from the duty free in Dubai,so I DID NOT COMPLAIN-HIS MONEY-I wanted for contouring so bad.....great post as always!I apologize for my English hope you get the idea,hahhaha,kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the bronzer and do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent review! More informative than most! I just ordered the ebony, I can't wait to try it! Is the numbering on the quad correct? I read where Jose Luis Juba from Guerlain was doing a tutorial and 3 and 4 are in opposite places from what he said. Thanks for swatching, I think I want brunettes as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...