Monday, August 8, 2011

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Silk Eyeshadow : Khaki Pulse And Champagne

Giorgio Armani describes on their website the Eyes To Kill Intense Silk Eyeshadow released earlier this year as: 
This innovative hybrid texture, which is not a powder, nor a cream acts like a smooth, lasting color film. Each shade is intensified with a second pigment for a multi-dimensional effect. In just one swoop, create a wet, shimmering smokey eye. Base color covers eyelid, and second pigment adds drama to the contour.
The technology: Color-FilTM, for the first time in an eyeshadow. A new high resistance bi-polymer enables the formula to perfectly fit the color to the eyelid with cushiony suppleness, for a never seen comfortable long wear.
Twenty four hour color wear, crease proof, flake proof, waterproof and sweat-proof, Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows slide on, stay on, but wipe off in an instant. Apply wet or dry with fingers or the Armani large eye contour brush. 
- Giorgio Armani website


The eyeshadows come in glass pots with black plastic cover and Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill printed on top. When you open the pot, there is a black stopper between the product and cover.  They come in 4g or 0.14 oz. There are 15 shades listed on the website at the moment.  They have silky texture and unlike cream, they are dry to the touch. The colors are all very unique because they are a combination of two pigments.  The addition of a second pigment to the main color adds a new dimension. After swatching all the available shades at the Armani counter, I settled for #6 Khaki Pulse and #8 Champagne.

Khaki Pulse is a bronze shade infused with olive green pigments. It looks more of an olive shade in the pot but translates to a bronze shade with olive metallic sheen when applied. The eyeshadow is very smooth, blends really well and has no fall out. The product is also tightly packed in the pot, I hardly need the stopper to press the product after use.





Champagne is light pink infused with silver that translates to a champagne shade. Unlike Khaki Pulse, it is a little loose in the pot. Mine is actually crumbling on the sides. I certainly need the stopper to press the product after use. I think this is because the powder is not as fine. Nevertheless, it is still as silky and smooth when applied. There is some fall out on this one but, not too much to bother me. I just make sure to pack the shadow on my lids first before blending.


 Both eyeshadows have metallic, shimmery finish. I don't find the shimmer to be over-the-top but that is subjective. For some people, it might be too much. Both are intensely pigmented, I wore them both on top of Two Faced Shadow Insurance and they lasted for more than 14 hours without fading or creasing. I have read that some had used this without primer and they were just as good but, I have not tried that. They can be applied wet or dry, with fingers or brush, I prefer to use my brushes.

Swatches

These  are indeed water proof, after swatching, I tried rubbing them off my hands under running water and they did not budge. I washed my hands with soap, some came out but most of the pigment stayed. I use MAC's Cleanse Off  Oil to effectively remove them.

These eyeshadows are really great. If you are like me and you don't have time to reapply your makeup in the middle of the day, this is a good option for you. It is pricey but you do get what you pay for. I'm thingking of getting #7 Sweet Fire next time.



all products and photos are from my own collection 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! They look so different once swatched. Khaki Pulse is far prettier than I imagined. I have been wanting some Armani Eyes To Kill shadows, but can't seem to find an Armani counter here in Des Moines! I may have to special order them. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question. Can this be worn over other shadows or can it only be a base?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chrissy, The ETK eyeshadows can be worn by themselves, they are very pigmented. I know that they can be used as a base, but I prefer to use them as my main color. Another good thing about them is that they can be layered.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...