Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dior Amber Diamond


I wanted Dior's Amber Diamond for a long time. I keep putting off  buying the product because my makeup routine does not regularly include a highlighter and I rarely use the ones I already have. It is beautiful but I could not justify the expense. Well, a few months ago, I had an insane moment at the Dior counter and finally caved in.

Amber Diamond is a shimmering all over face powder designed to give the skin a beautiful sheen. It is packaged in the regular Dior navy blue, glossy, rectangular compact. It also comes with a velvet pouch, I guess to protect the compact from being scratched.


The powder has 5 stripes of different shades that is swirled together to give the perfect highlight. You can also use the individual stripes to highlight in the eye area. The powder gives a subtle shimmer but I still use it with a light hand. I swirl my brush lightly on the product, tap the brush and apply on my forehead, cheekbones, nose bridge and cupid's bow. It gives my skin a subtle glow.


the last stripe is the powder swirled together

Amber Diamond made me appreciate highlighters. I really like the dewy/glowy look and I've been using my highlighters more often. I even added to my collection and got a pressed meteorite powder from Guerlain. This product certainly deserves the raves it got. It is expensive but if you like and use highlighters, this is definitely worth checking out.

all products and photos are from my personnal collection

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful swatches!! Love Amber Diamond. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. AD is also my most recent highlighter acquisition and I am in love with it. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JC: I'm so glad I finally got this. Loving it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber Diamond is such a gorgeous highlighter! I just bought it not too long ago and haven't been able to touch it since it's so gorgeous from the pan! :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. @rainydays and lattes, I know what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...