Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dior 5 Color Eyeshadow Palette In Rosy Tan



This is the second installment of my thoughts on Dior quints. You can read my review on Sunset Cafe here. Today I am reviewing Rosy Tan.

Rosy Tan came out with the Electric Tropics 2011 summer collection where Dior released two new neutral quints, Rosy Tan and Rosy Nude. I was anticipating their release as soon as I saw photos online. The colors are right up my alley and the swatches looked promising. Since it was a neutral palette, I knew that I probably have dupes of most, if not all, of the shades from my current stash. Well, that did not deter me from grabbing one as soon as it hit my local counter. I choosed Rosy Tan because I have a light to medium brown complexion.

Rosy Tan has a pink shade, a deep chocolate brown with very fine gold flecks, a light brown with a hint of  old rose, a shimmery light taupe,  and  a frosty pearl-pink. With all that color description, how can this palette not be a winner :).

top left: pink shade, top right: deep chocolate brown, bottom right: light brown, bottom left: light taupe, middle: pearl-pink
 
The powders are finely milled and all have soft velvet texture. The colors blend really well and the lasting power on me is much like with Sunset Cafe, about 8-10 hours on top of  primer.  My favorite is the deep brown shade, the gold flecks just give it a beautiful dimension. The light brown on the bottom right is almost the same color as my eyelid so I only use it as a wash of color. The colors in this palette are pigmented in 'dior' kind of way. You will not have that intense color pay-off as soon as you dip your brush on the product, you will have to build the intensity. If you are used to  MAC, Inglot or Nars, you might find this lacking in pigment.

From L-R: light pink, deep chocolate brown,  light brown, light taupe, pearl-pink

Good color pay-off is important but as I grow older (gasps), I learned to appreciate that makeup is not just about the intensity of the pigment. I now put value on the texture, the complexity of a shade (although it makes describing them difficult), the lasting power and the overall quality of the product. The two Dior quints that I have are not intensely pigmented but they are of very good quality. I can tell that a lot of effort was put in their production. 
 
If you love and use neutrals, you might want to check this out.  I recommend swatching them first or buying them somewhere that has a return policy as the quints don't come cheap.  


all products and photos are from my own personnal collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...