Sunday, August 7, 2011

Burberry Beauty


Burberry launched their makeup line summer of last yeat. It came with a full range of products from foundations to lipsticks. It was inspired by the natural colours from the iconic Burberry trench and the stormy greys and blues of the unpredictable British weather. The idea is to have a natural wearing makeup that can be worn anywhere. This line is for neutral lovers, it may not be for those who love bright colors in makeup.

The brand caters to a certain demographic and this is reflected in their makeup line. This is a luxury cosmetic line, it is expensive. The price is at par with other designer brands. The packaging has a luxurious feel about it.  The products come in a beautiful linen boxes (I almost did not want to throw them away). They are packaged in a glossy, gunmetal colored plastic embossed with the Burberry trademark of check pattern and the Burberry name on the side. They have a magnetic closure, including the lipstick, and they also have velvet pouches, again, with the check pattern.  The products themselves are embossed with the check pattern as shown in the photos.

Sorry for the messy makeup in this photo, they have been used already
  
I got my Burberry makeup from my local Debenhams. I only have a few items; a blush, 2 eyeshadows and a lipstick.  The powders in the blush and eyeshadows are very finely milled. They are smooth, applies and blends really well. The colors are sheer on my medium brown skin but they can be built up for intensity. I think the colors will show up more for those with pale or lighter skin. My 'go to' lipstick is Rosewood. I just love the texture, it is smooth and silky. It glides on my lips and is not drying. It leaves my lips with a sheen so I don't need a gloss with it. For those with sensitive nose, the blush and lipstick have a powdery, rose fragrance. It is not offensive for me but, some people may not like it.

I'm happy with the Burberry makeup products that I have and I hope to add more in my collection when my budget allows. The Lip Cover is my favorite item and I definitely recommend it.

Blush and Lipstick


Single Eyeshadows




Swatches


all products and photos are from my collection

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You do the best swatches! I had my eye on Antique rose but wasn't sure if it would be too similar to MAC Quarry, what do you think? Is it as soft IRL as it looks in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um that lipstick is AMAZING! Wow, so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cameo and Rosewood are so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. red lips, black hair: Thanks! I don't have MAC's Quarry for comparisson. Antiqued rose is really an 'old rose'color, I guess a mauve- pink. It is really soft, has satin finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mandy: I really do love everything about this lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, You've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and in my view suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this web site.
    Also see my web page :: burberry head band

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...