Friday, August 26, 2011

Brush Review : Sephora Pro Small Eyeshadow Brush #15



The Sephora Pro Small Shadow Brush #15 is one of my very first brushes. This has been working hard for me since I got it, I use it everyday when I apply my eye makeup.  I also dropped this countless of times, yet it remains in good condition.

top to bottom: MAC 239, Sephora #12, Sephora #15

The wooden handle is thinner compared to my other brushes and tapers to a narrow point. Unlike MAC brushes, the labels on Sephora brushes do not come off.  Like I said, I dropped this numerous times, but I have yet to see a dent on the ferrule or handle. The bristles are made of natural animal hair. They are dense and stiff enough to pick up a good amount of color and deposit it on the lids. The narrow shape also allows more control when applying shadows in the inner corners.

Sephora #12, Sephora #15, MAC 239
I prefer this brush over the famous MAC 239, I feel that it actually does a better job in packing color. The Sephora #12 is another similar brush with wider and softer bristles. I use the #12 the least because of its size and it takes more work to pick and deposit color with this brush.    

In a pinch, the Sephora #15 can be used to blend and soften the edges of eyeshadows, but it may not give the best result as the brush is not design for this purpose. For blending, I prefer to use a blending brush. 

I got mine at my local Sephora, it is also available on the website and priced at $16. If you're looking for an eyeshadow brush, I recommend that you check this one.

3 comments:

  1. I really, really like the Sephora Pro collection of brushes. But this is one of the Pro brushes I haven't picked up yet. I have a few that I purchased for face makeup (foundation, powder, concealer) and I love them all... this might be my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brush looks great!! I want to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an awesome brush. *adds to DO WANT list*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...