Monday, July 25, 2011

MAC Eyeshadow Swatches

These are swatches of my MAC eyeshadows. I currently have 2 full 15-pan palettes and a 3rd one that contains only Club and Carbon. All are from the permanent line except for Time and Space (Limited Edition from Neo Sci-Fi Collection I think) and Bold and Brazen (from Starflash Collection).


L-R: Vanilla, Arena, All That Glitters, Time and Space, Texture, Patina, Satin Taupe, Sable
Vanilla and Arena are barely visible on my skin but, they work very well for me as highlighter under my brow area. I prefer subtle shimmer on my highlighters.
 
 
L-R: Naked Lunch, Paradisco, Mythology, Bold and Brazen, Expensive Pink, Starviolet, Cranberry, Sketch, Coppering
Naked Lunch does not show on my arms but it does on my lids. I like to apply it on my lids paired with copperplate on the crease. Paradisco is my first 'fail', it looks nice in the pan but has very poor color pay-off even if I dig in the shadow with my brush.
 
 
L-R: Ricepaper, Goldmine, Amber Lights, Steamy, Humid, Sumptuous Olive, Club, Carbon
Amber Lights is my very first MAC eyeshadow. I love this color, it can be paired with just about everything. Steamy and Humid are both beautiful but, I can't make them work for me :(. I got Club just beacuse people are always raving about it on makeupalley. Well, I was disappoointed, I don't see anything special about it and it turns muddy brown on my lids. As for carbon, I'm wondering if I got a dud. The reviews are saying that it's the blackest of  black but, the one I got has very poor color pay-off as you can see from the swatch pics.
MAC was the first brand I got into and for this reason it has a sentimental value to me. I've since  moved and now love other brands but I still use and love a lot of stuff from MAC.

all products and photos are from my own collection

1 comment:

  1. You seriously have some amazing swatches.O_O LOL@ Carbon. I've heard it lacks pigmentation and you just proved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...